Thursday 2 August 2012

#2

A new victory. Walking around today, I noticed that my thighs, nearer my knees, barely skim each other now.  This probably sounds strange, but I'm so used to the feeling that now that it's going I'm finally noticing it.   People have asked me what it's like, the loose skin, what does it feel like to me.  I had a hard time trying to word this so people would understand but I've figured it out.   Have you ever been skating?  That feeling when you take off your skates and put on your street boots/shoes.  It feels a little cold but in a nice way.  It feels like you're rattling around in your shoe a bit. I always loved that feeling when I was a kid.

No workout today.   My usual ride to bootcamp is out of town, and there is no PT until next week, so I've been given homework.  Crunches, squats, push ups, planks, double heel drops, stability ball hamstring curls, I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it's written down in my food journal.   On top of this I'll be swimming and doing water walking/running.   With  my squats I have to work on being slower.  I call them sloth squats, a 3 count from top to bottom, pause and then as I move back up use my glute (butt) muscles.  I'm not good at taking my time.  I never have been patient, so this is an exercise on many levels for me.

Time to get in the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment