Saturday 18 August 2012

#5 It rubs the lotion on it's skin!

Yeah, loose skin.  I'm starting to get it, like really get it.  Before I was kind of wrinkly and now I'm starting to get the whole shar pei look.  I'm okay with it right now, I'm rocking it.  Hell, as a resident of Ontario Canada, I'm even kind or celebrating the rashes (yes rashes) that come with them because it means it is far more likely that I will have my skin removal (hypocritical excitement over the possibility of getting rid of this extra skin I say I love) covered by government insurance.  Excess arm skin (aka the wind beneath my wings) surgery will run about 10 000 dollars otherwise.  I don't even know what legs will cost.  The tummy is the easiest to get covered here.  It's not easy, but it's easier.

Pro-tip:  If you are in the USA and dealing with a lot of loose skin, check out a teaching hospital with both a plastic surgery program and a burn unit.   Sometimes if you donate the skin to the burn unit the plastic surgery is at an incredibly reduced rate, and you're helping out your fellow man.  It's like recycling but way grosser.

Exercise can help with some of the loose skin problem.  It takes time but the skin can bounce back somewhat.  Increasing muscle will help fill the empty space.   Also, keeping your skin supple can only help the battle.

Remember you are not alone.  This is not a "common people" problem.  Celebrities have consultants who teach them how to mask the problem areas.   For example Ke$ha.  She was told during her first try for a recording contract that she didn't have the "pop look"  so she dropped like 70 lbs.   She has not, as of yet, gotten the skin removal surgery (that I know of, she called me last night to chat about it but we came down to YEAH RIGHT! None of this is true).   As much as I hate paparazzi pictures, Ke$ha, in a swimsuit:  You can see she has a slight apron (lower tummy extra skin) and she's not at all toned.   Granted she's been in the studio and not on any kind of tour so there is no pressure to be "pop star fresh" and at the gym every day for 4 hours.   Ke$ha made everyone think trailer trash was awesome, why not loose skin as well?  It's a lot easier to swallow than Goldschläger.

Now go get your cocoa butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment