Friday 24 August 2012

#6 The Filthy Fifty

So, my PT workout buddy had to have emergency surgery this week (eep!) because her intestines have too much room to roam around in her abdomen, but she's home and doing well with everything sewn back into place, but it means no PT for a while.  Also, we're almost done our paid for sessions and so I'm thinking about switching to her Biggest Loser Group.  It's most cost effective than PT is, and I love the group workout dynamic.  It pushes me harder than PT does, and my competitiveness is kinda massive.

Bootcamp workout:

Warm up
16 McGill curl ups with pulse
3 plank holds at elbow
20 bird-dogs

The Filthy Fifty: 2 sets of
50 Jumping Jacks
50 squats
50 mountain climbers
50 push ups
50 crunches/hipraises
50 back extensions


Then we play workout tag.  Everyone is stationed about 12-15 paces apart and the person who is "it" is given something to do, I was given lunges. so about 12 lunges to the next person, who I made do squats, so she did traveling squats to the next person who had to do pencil jumps, et cetera, et cetera.   I was so cramped in my hamstrings after the filthy fifty that thankfully people were nice to me and gave me pretty easy things, lunges, tuck jumps and jumping jacks

End: stretching


It's very intense and I could barely move last night afterward.   Taking another dose of Glutamine today and picking up magnesium supplements tonight.

I'm getting mom back to the gym next week and we'll start walking in the evenings now that it's cooling down.  I'm hoping to get her back on track enough that beginning of school doesn't kill her.   When school starts again we'll be going 3 times a week to the gym.  I'll be switching up between elliptical cardio and my new nemesis: the rower.

Now to take the dog for a walk, and then sink myself into a lovely epsom salt bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment